Clubs and Organizations
Blossoming Girls of Excelsior
Breakfast Club aka Morning Open Gym
All you have to do is show up at the main lobby by 7:20am with your phone in its protective bag and ready for scanning. Ms. Branning will supervise you as you engage in free, positive play with members of members of your school community as well as our building community.
Men's Group - Umoja
National Honor Society
2. To develop and provide opportunities for leadership and service in school and in the community.
3. To provide a living workshop of democratic processes through such activities as elections, participation in a constitutional representative assembly, etc.
5. To promote an awareness of human relations and power structures, and how one effectively operates within them.
6. To provide a viable means for student expression and an increasing amount of self direction.
8. To increase student involvement and school pride.
Constitution (agreed by-laws)
Elections for Class Representatives
i. Must have passed all classes marking period 1.
ii. Must have at least an 80 grade point average.
i. Must join Student Council google classroom and post all election materials there.
ii. Must create a 2-minute video presenting your candidacy. Your video must include:
a. Your full name.
b. Your grade.
c. Explanation of what makes you a good candidate.
d. Explanation of what you think Excelsior needs to improve on.
e. Identification of some goals and ideas you have for the school.
*Make sure the video captures you from waist up, that the volume is good and the lighting is on point.
iii. Must submit a written response to the question "Share an experience that highlights your leadership and leadership style or write about a leader you admire and why."
iv. Create a campaign poster
a. Must be on 8 ½ x 11” paper.
b. Must include a headshot, your name and what you’re running for (eg, 9th Grade Class Representative)
c. Must be positive and cannot mention other candidates.
d. Cannot make promises you can’t keep (eg: promise potential voters tangible things like candy or money).
e. Posters must be digital.
v. Video, writing response and poster must be submitted on google classroom by Monday, 11/22.
Student Council Meetings
Coming soon ...
- Soccer league